Site Revamp 2019

There have been some changes with the website. The colour scheme has been lightened up considerably to give a lot more space to some of the elements. I often advise clients to try to avoid being too text heavy on their sites. It is only fitting I take my own advice. The lucid orange remains.

I've spent a lot of time working on values, vision and mission. What it comes down to is "Build better websites". Yes, but what does it all mean? The website is the front door for many businesses. It serves many purposes. It is a brochure for the business. It should explain what the business is. It showcases a business. Often it is a shop front. Sometimes is for customer service. Every business is unique.

Building better websites is all about the process:

Discovery is the process of finding out what the business is about. Finding out the needs for now and the future.

Design is sketching out the site. Perhaps starting with wireframes. Maybe even a prototype . The purpose is to work out how users will interact and use the site.

Development or putting the site together. It is bring the design to life through code.

Deployment or putting the site online.

I have added a new page the process that explains it in more depth.

The site takes advantage of a CSS grids in the layout. CSS grids have been mainstream for a couple of years now. Currently, CSS grid is supported by 91% of browsers. It is mainly older mobile browsers that don't support grid. If you have a reasonable fallback to cover the remaining 9%, then there is no reason not to use it.

The site uses more SVG graphics. SVG support is almost 99% amongst browsers.

The site is more of an evolution than a revolution.

Posted in Design, Thoughts on Aug 20, 2019